E-Safety in School
As part of the Computer Studies curriculum, pupils in Key Stage 3 learn about what information should not be shared in a public domain. As well as this, pupils are educated about the Internet etiquette and guidelines that should be adhered to on social networking sites. Pupils at KS3 to KS4 during Personal development sessions and PSHE lessons are also educated about E-Safety issues and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour online.
Top Tips for Parents and Carers
- Ensure the computer is kept in an area of the house, where it is easier to monitor what young people are accessing online.
- Make the most of Internet filtering software and use your web browser’s controls to enable security on different websites.
- Inform children not to share their personal information online.
- Create a "code of conduct" policy where young people are involved in creating rules which must be abided by when using the Internet at home.
- Be online together! Browsing the Internet with your child and being involved in their ‘online world’ will promote online safety.
- Please also refer to the social networking section documents which you can download.