- Year 9 Curriculum
Year 9 Curriculum - Dance
The Year 9 Dance course will be an action-packed foundation year in preparation for the full GCSE course in Years 10 and 11. It will continue to build on the skills students have developed in Years 7 and 8. Students will do this through the continued study of dance technique, professional dance works and a variety of creative and original choreographic tasks.
- Dance technique.
- Appreciation of professional works and student choreography.
- Development of peer assessment.
- Acquisition of dance vocabulary.
- To further develop choreographic knowledge and understanding through motif development and variation skills in appreciation and practical tasks.
- Development of performance skills.
Students will be assessed on their contribution to:
- Solo composition.
- Group choreography.
- Performance in a group.
- Appreciation and evaluation of performance and choreography, both orally and through writing.
Mrs E Fenner – Subject Teacher: Dance & Drama
Mr D Moors – Subject Teacher: Dance