Behaviour Rules & Discouraged Items
Brookfield School wishes all students to have a balanced, healthy diet. Therefore, any student found with items deemed to be unhealthy, or to have excessive amounts of unhealthy food, may have their items confiscated, for example, sweets, Coke, etc.
Takeaway items such as McDonalds, pizzas, etc. are not permitted on the School site unless with the express permission of a member of staff, and may be confiscated.
Energy & Hydration Drinks
Energy drinks, eg. Red Bull, and Hydration drinks, eg. 'Prime' are NOT permitted on the School site and will be confiscated.
Chewing gum is not permitted on the School site and will be confiscated.
Make-up and Jewellery
Make-up and jewellery, including bracelets are not part of the school uniform and therefore should not be worn – these will be confiscated accordingly. Students will be requested to remove these items immediately*. Failure to adhere to the uniform policy may result in students being sent home or removed from lessons. School sanctions will be applied to students who repeatedly breach the rules.
*Note: Acrylic nail procedure - students will be given 1 day's notice to remove their acrylic nails or will be removed from lessons the following day.
Coloured contact lenses and/or fake eyelashes are not permitted.
- Students are allowed to wear a watch
- If ears have been pierced students may wear one small, plain, discreet stud in each ear. No other form of body piercing is allowed; this includes retainers. The School's procedure on excessive piercings is that students will be removed from lessons with immediate effect until the item is removed.
Inappropriate hair & clothing procedures
The uniform guidance on hair states: Hair should be no shorter than Grade 2 and must be of a natural colour with no extremes of fashion or design.
Wigs are not permitted unless for medical reasons.
The school procedure is to remove students from lessons who have breached the school uniform policy to either the Supervision Room or a similar venue.
Procedure of Hair grades less than Grade 2:
- If a student's hair cut is completely less than a grade 2, e.g Skin head, they will be placed in the Supervision Room.
- If the student has a partial hair cut less than grade 2, e.g on the sides, depending on length, the following procedure will be put in place:
- 1st offense- clear warning
- SLT lunch detention and letter home advising that a further breach will results in removal to the Supervision Room
- Placed in Supervision Room with the Length of time being dependent upon the hair cut.
If a student is wearing an item deemed to be not part of the school uniform (e.g. leggings, jeans, different colour socks to those allowed, or inappropriate skirt) the student will be requested to remove/replace any item not part of the school uniform on the day, which may then be confiscated. Failure to alter uniform to the correct standard will result in students being removed from lessons and placed in the Supervision Room until it is corrected.
If any further questions please contact Mr Haines, Senior PSO.
These or similar items are banned from the school site due to their dangerous nature and will be confiscated. Sanctions will be enforced for any student found using these dangerous items.
Students are discouraged from bringing mobile phones to school in case of loss or theft. Phones must not be used during the school day for personal use. If lessons are interrupted by a student's use of a phone, or if the phone is seen by a member of staff then it will be confiscated. The phone will be available for collection at 3pm Monday – Thursday and 2.25pm on a Friday from the relevant year group collection point. This includes the inappropriate use of headphones.
Headphones should not be used without teacher permission during the School day and will be confiscated.
These and other personal items of value are discouraged. Such items found being used in school time will be confiscated by staff for collection at the end of the school day. If this occurs on more than one occasion parents will be asked to collect the item from reception.
Laser pens or similar items are banned from the School site due to their dangerous nature. Any laser pens found in school will be confiscated by a member of staff. Parents will be asked to collect the item.
E-scooters are banned from the School site. Any E-scooter found on site may be confiscated.
Student Toilet Rule Reminders
Please can all students be aware of the following rules regarding use of the School toilets:
- No eating or drinking
- Students may only enter in small groups (2-3) at one time.
- Students are NOT allowed in the same cubicle as another student.
- No mobile phones.
- Do not spray deodorant (this can trigger the fire alarm).
- Please be respectful of the area and other students use.